Xantikas looks like its juvenile form, the Partokas but is much bigger. The blue is darker and the pattern even more complex. The brown lance grew some barbs that it uses to hold an enemy and throw him away. The blue claw is massive and can cause quakes. The Carapaceon's back has some mud hills and often algae attached to it that give Xantikas an even better camouflage effect, when it digs itself in. The front legs are shielded and strong keeping the heavy body over the ground.
Average: 1054,41 cm
Biggest size measured: 1408,72 cm
Xantikas inhabits muddy environments where its coloration and the often attached mud on the back gives good camouflage. Areas with these conditions are the Moor, the Mhuriha River and the Flooded Forest.
- The weakness is fire, then ice.
- In Rage Mode the patterns become black and the lance barbs draw out further.
- When exhausted it fails using mud bombs.
- Xantikas attacks with water and mud which can inflict the muddy status effect.
- Similar to its juvenile form it can release a bubble beam underwater that take the sight of an opponent and either helps it flee or lets it attack unseen.
- When the solid leg shields are broken it often falls when the legs are damaged further.
- The Carapaceon is carnivorous and feeds of smaller monsters like Neopterons and Wroggis it ambushes from underneath when it's dug into the mud.
- They dig themselves in to avoid heat too and at the dry season they sometimes keep being buried for several months for aestivation. In this state algae often start to grow on the carapace.
- Xantikas bury their eggs into the mud so that they aren't found that easily by egg thieves.
- They can be seen to dozens in the mating season but normally they are very solitary.
- Breakable parts are the carapace (twice), the lance (twice), the claw and the leg shields (each). The carapace can only be broken by an impact weapon.
- When the carapace is broken twice its weak spot is accessable for attacks.
- Lance thrust
- Claw slash
- Claw smash (waterblight underwater)
- Burrow and attack from beneath
- Attack with the lance and claws while swimming
- Releasing bubbles and attack unseen
- Bubble beam
- Mud bombs
- Throw away the opponent with the lance (the barbs hold the target before)
Xantikas Shell, Xantikas Armor (only when broken twice), Xantikas Claw (when broken), Xantikas Lance (only when broken), Xantikas Leg, Xantikas Mandibles, Xantikas Leg Shield (only when broken)