Quarugo has four yellow legs to walk and the middle legs have evolved to longer and stronger legs that it can use to jump onto the foe. Those extremities are blueish black like the back of it. The underside is yellow. It has a small abdomen and head what helps it to roll up. The Neopteron has four strong mandibles that are able to crush bones. The abdomen is transparent and can be filled with bioluminiscent fluids.
Average: 1522,70 cm
Biggest size measured: 1894,26 cm
- The weakness is water, then fire.
- In Rage Mode the bigger legs have a shining light blue coloration and its body gets electrified.
- When exhausted it falls over if using the rolling attacks.
- When rolling into the enemy the monster can use its two longer legs for scratching or magnify its rolled up form.
- It can use Thunder element of every kind.
- The thunder beam is also usable from its abdomen that also sends out bright flashes which blind the opponent.
- The Neopteron often uses its middle legs to jump high and smash down on the foe.
- It can be very dangerous to any monster in its way it was even seen to ambush and kill a Zinogre trespassing its territory but that is very rare as only very experienced individuals can take down the Fanged Wyvern.
- Quarugo feeds of carrion and likes the bone marrow best that it breaks with its strong mandibles.
- It will steal marrow (and meat if no marrow is in the bag) that is in possession of hunters to eat it.
- They are loners and very aggressive to each other, even if the other one is of opposite gender. The mating is very short and dangerous for the often smaller male being only accepted by the female at that short time.
- Breakable parts are the mandibles, the middle legs (each once) and the abdomen.
- When broken the abdomen can't send out flahses and beams anymore.
- Roll attack (when enraged bigger through its legs)
- Scratch attack
- Thunder breath
- Thunder ball
- Thunder beam
- Electric field
- Pin attack (backing away to jump on the target, biting it and eventually steal marrow or meat)
- Jump high and smash down
- Catapult itself at the target
Chitin Armor (every boss Neopteron), Compound Eye (every boss Neopteron, when broken), Quarugo Shell, Quarugo Mandible (only when broken), Quarugo Leg, Quarugo Strong Leg (only when both broken or/and carved from the legs), Quarugo Abdomen, Thunder Sac