New Monsters and Features
A variety of monsters return from previous games that weren't in 3 Ultimate, such as Yian Kut-Ku, Gravios and Rajang, whilst most of the monsters are brand new or return from Frontier G:
- 2 Monsters of the new classification, Shadow Wyvern, Naveldal and Ghostly Naveldal.
- 13 new Flying Wyverns, Tiger Lanterak, Cave Lanterak, Belirious, Mokarada, Bilados, Cobalt Bilados, Pathogenic Bilados, Tyrant Lanterak, Red Yian Garuga, Nightshade Barioth, Amplion, Saintly Rathalos, and Vengeful Warlaros.
- 4 new Elder Dragons, Nockturnus, Sacred Alatreon, Octarine Nockturnus, and Telethion.
- 4 new Brute Wyverns, Red Brachydios, Spectral Brachydios, Nitrous Uragaan and Aqua Deviljho.
- Aqua Deviljho also has a Savage subspecies.
- 2 new Fanged Wyverns, War-Torn Zinogre and Spike-laden Zinogre
- 1 new Leviathan, Moss Gobul.
- 1 new Bird Wyvern, Great Uraggi.
New features include:
- Head hanging in rooms; A monster has a slight chance of having a head in the Quest Rewards. This can then be hang on one of the available slots in the room.
- Low Rank Rooms have 3 slots, High Rank has 5 slots, G- Rank has 10 slots and Ultimate Rank has 30.
- A new Quest Rank, Ultimate (U1, U2, U3).
- The WARNING feature from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd also returns.
- Many Frontier and MH4 monsters have been renamed:
- Abiorugu: Tyranthius
- Gaiorugu: Frozen Tyranthius
- Kamu and Nono Orugaron: Kamorugon and Nonuragon
- Berukyurosu and Doragyurosu: Garansharok and Bekransharok
A new element has also been introduced; Nightmare:
- When Nightmare is inflicted, the hunter can't heal, grant buffs with a Hunting Horn or lifepowder and gradually drains health at a slow rate.
- You also appear invisible to teamates, including your weapon and nametag.
Another new element was announced; Venom
- Venom is an enhanced version of Poison that can be inflicted in G-Rank and Ultimate Rank.
- It can be inflicted by all Poison-causing monsters, and Gore Magala.
3 new areas:
- The Underground Temple is where Rukodiora and Rebidiora are found and fought, with a 2 large areas with many gathering spots.
- The Desert Shrine only has one area, with only Sacred Alatreon and Saintly Rathalos being fought here, yet small monsters like Jaggi and Genprey appear here also.
- The large Ancient Spiral is a replica of the spiral zones in the Tower. This is where Yama Tskunami and Gore Magala can be fought.
- The game is split into three known Seasons.
- The Flagship Monsters are as follows:
- Season 1: Spectral Brachydios
- Season 2: Telethion
- Season 3: Great Uraggi
- A full list of the game's introductions can be found here, including the opening and credits.
- The monsters Ignicabra and Lilac Nibelsnarf have since been removed.