It is similar to a tree frog. Hylasol is a smaller boss monster that has smooth orange skin with a reddish head. It has a black throat sac where it stores smoke it inhales. The Amphibian has big dark green eyes. Hylasol's back has some spiky warts and possesses a dirty orange color. Its belly is sky blue. The feet have blue webs and the hind legs are strong.
Average: 703,73 cm
Biggest size measured: 1100,84 cm
It inhabits volcanic environments like the Lava Landscape.
- The weakness is fire, then earth.
- In Rage Mode its head gets darker and it huffs smoke.
- When exhausted the Amphibian fails using smoke attacks.
- Hylasol moves around by jumping and defends itself by hopping on an attacker confusing it with that behavior.
- When it spreads its webs it can use the volcanic winds to get in the air and glide away.
- The smoke the Amphibian stores is used for distracting and blinding an enemy to escape or to attack it.
- When it decides to attack it quacks quietly while moving around the smoke cloud to finally assault.
- Hylasol is able to contain the moisture of its skin by secreting water.
- When this moisture subsides it needs to drink something.
- The warts on its back are covered in a toxin. When injured by them the venom unfolds its poisonous effect.
- It feeds of small flying Neopterons it catches with its long tongue.
- By retracting the eyes into the body the Amphibian is able to swallow.
- Hylasols aren't very social but tolerate other members of their species.
- They are prey to many predators like Rathalos, Brachydios, Agnaktor, Lunastra and Teostra.
- The Amphibians are very curious and sometimes steal items from bypassing hunters and merchants.
- Their normal quacks are pretty loud. With them the males call for the females that chooses the male with the loudest voice.
- The eggs are glued to walls in the area around the pond as high as possible because the eggs wouldn't have a chance to survive in the water. The larvae need to crawl to the pond with their own strength.
- As the larvae still has many predators they have the same ability as the adult. They have small sacs on the body filled with smoke. When a predator approaches the larvae release smoke and flee to another part of the pond.
- Breakable parts are the throat sac and the back.
- When the throat sac is damaged Hylasol's smoke bombs last shorter.
- Smoke bomb at target (dark)
- Smoke bombs around itself (all attacks that may follow include the next ones)
- Tongue attack (may steal an item)
- Jump attack
- Swipe attack
- Back slam (poison)
- Body check
Hylasol Throat Sac (only when broken), Hylasol Wart (when broken), Hylasol Hide, Hylasol Leg, Hylasol Tongue, Hylasol Eye (rare), Hylasol Webbing