A Bird wyvern that is found only in the Ultimiose region. It uses it's songs, and mimicry of sounds to lure prey towards it, and that prey tends to be people who get fooled by the sounds it makes. It gets it's title because of the fact that it often uses a Female's Scream or wailing to get people closer to it. It is only encountered in G-rank.
|Icon||A Bird wyvern known only from a few eyewitness accounts. Apparently, it uses it's mimmicry to lure prey to their doom. Be careful, as they seem to have no qualms with eating people, and seems to like the idea fully.|
Song of the Harpy
- Fee: 950
- Reward: 9500
- Enviroment: Unstable
- Rank: G
- Main monsters: Bullfango
- Area: Boggy Swamp
- Client: Cheif of the swamp tribe
- Description: coming soon...
- Was originally going to be named Songroc, but the name Harpy stuck.
- When low on stamina, will flee, and sleep in another area.
- It won't be able to put hunters to sleep with it's "Soothing Song" when low on stamina.
- It's Songs can be interrupted by the usage of a Sonic bomb, thus causing the said song to backfire or fail completely.
- Song that give the Harpy attack buffs, and healing can have their affects applied to the hunter if the Harpy is interrupted by getting attacked enough times, but the chances of this happening are the same as a qurupeco.
- There is an event quest where you fight two Harpies at the same time.
- In MHEX, Harpy can be a pet. It's favorite food can range from worms to Khezu Steak (basically anything thats meat), but they can be fed Odd eggs (which seem benificial to their health for some reason).